Thursday, July 2, 2009

Semi-baseless Prediction #2

Heya,

While this one is somewhat at odds with my previous prediction, I still believe it has a reasonable chance of coming true. I predict that the June 2009 moves on the B/R List will have little to no effect on the overall metagame. The only new archetype supported by those moves would be based off of Worldgorger Dragon, and I highly doubt it will be more competitive than 5% of the overall meta. As a result several things will happen:

1) Obviously, the metagame will continue to stagnate- passing 12 months in basically the same shape.

2) More people will give up on the format as their prefered archetype has no shot at winning.

3) Ichorid decks will gain a few points of the meta share, maybe up to 12.5%.

4) We will be right back to clamouring for unrestrictions in 3-6 months.

That last point I'll touch on a little bit more. I believe there at least 7 more cards that can come off the B/R list, maybe more. I'll be outlining them in a series on this blog over the course of the next few weeks or months. After the DCI's September decision, I'll doubt we'll see much movement until June 2010. So between now and then, I will be honing my arguments and discovering new uses for the cards that are wrongfully restricted in our format.

Peace,

-Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment